Thursday, December 17, 2009

Spend some brass, make some gold!

Yesterday I had a conversation with my colleague from down south in Johor Bahru and we conversed about various matters.

In that 45-minute conversation over the phone I shared with her how I was able to secure renewals from my clients in the networking groups that I lead.

I explained to my colleague that sometime in April and May this year, there were 18 members who were due for renewal of their memberships. And by any standards, this is a high number of those due for renewal.

I recall that I had made the decision in February itself that I will invest in an incentive program to ensure that these renewals come in and on time as well, and if possible come in even earlier than the due date. Therefore, for those who renew their memberships at least 1 full calendar month ahead, I decided to present them with a gift worth RM60, which was a book published in the subject of business networking.

I ended up giving out 17 books, which worked out to RM1,020. Which meant that 17 members renewed their memberships, not only on time but at least a month earlier.

Good business? You be the judge. I definitely think so.

Yes, spend some brass, make some gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment