Monday, November 16, 2009

Separating the cream from the milk... Part 2

I have been doing some reflection, as the year draws to an end.

On conducting some mental CRM, I came across a trend in my business and teams within my business.

I was analyzing the reasons why some people leave their networking groups, albeit their groups are generating referrals for them. The problem was not their groups, it was always the person. Surprised? I wasn't. Because...

The person who has a strong business, established with systems and operating smoothly, are all very much part of their networking groups. These are in fact, individuals who have been there for more than 5-years on the average. And often, these are also the movers and shakers of their groups, and are always seen behind the scenes in the leadership of their respective groups.

The problem comes from individuals whose business and operations are not in place.

I have seen this as a common denominator from the individuals who have resigned or left their networking groups prematurely. From 48 cases which I analyzed over the past week, as many as 41 fell in this category. This formed a staggering 85% of cases.

On the remaining 7 (about 15%) of those who left, left for sound reasons, such as: ill-health, change in business focus, or personal reasons.

I find these numbers both perplexing as well as alarming. I am alarmed at the number of business people who are not up to speed in the unforgiving world of business.

A business out of passion will work, however, only to a certain level, and to sustain and succeed beyond that, a serious re-look needs to be given. A proper business model needs to be designed and structured and systems need to be in place. And then comes the challenging bit of maintaining the system for consistency of operation.

I am now finding the inner-strength and inner-circle of team members who will be in a Forum to resolve this, for the benefit of the people in their networking groups.

I have done piece-meal programs in the past such as The Mastery Program, but now it is clear that a comprehensive program is needed.

And this is my own curtain call, as I myself move on to different levels and areas within my business and my career.

I hope to find solid answers in this quest.

Comments and feedback and participation is welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment